Whenever you search for something online, most of the time you will end up reading about all the big fish companies on the market.
The winch industry is not any different.
However, it is not always only the big companies that manufacture good winches.
If you keep your eyes open, you will find small or new companies are also producing quality winches but charging less than the big companies.
Offroad Boar is one such company.
In this Offroad Boar winch review, I will be reviewing three different weight capacities winch made by Off-Road Boar.
Not to mention, I will point out both their good and bad sides and come up with suggestions or solutions where it is required.
So, no more delay. Let’s jump right in.
Offroad Boar Winch Review
1. Offroad Boar 13000 lb Winch Review
- IP67 (waterproof) rated winch.
- Comes with both wired and wireless remote control. Both of these remotes work great.
- Inexpensive than its competitors (of the same weight capacity).
- Easy to install, doesn’t take too much time to mount and start operating.
- Both steel cable and synthetic rope versions are available for this winch.
- 3-stage planetary gear, free spooling clutch, automatic brake play the role to control the winching efficiently.
- Sealed contactor that keeps it away from outside elements. The contactor is non-integrated as well. So you have the freedom to relocate it if necessary.
- Comes with required nuts and bolts.
- Had the power cable made longer, It would have been more convenient to me.
- A tad slow in my opinion.
- As usual, the instruction manual is not the best one. However, you can find YouTube videos to assist you if you really need any help whatsoever.
Offroad Boar 13000 lb winch is a perfect solution for anyone particularly if you use a winch occasionally.
I don’t find any reason to buy an expensive winch for seldom use. If you can get the same performance at a lower price, what’s bad in it?
But does it mean this winch will fail to withstand for frequent use?
No, not at all.
But it justifies spending more money for frequent use to get some extra benefits. That’s why I am still considering it.
This winch is well capable of towing your vehicle if it weighs around 13000 lb. That means a perfect solution for your Truck/SUV.
But to get the best performance it is recommended that the weight should be 1.5 times less than the winch’s actual capacity.
So, it’s better if you keep the gross weight of your vehicle up to 8666 lbs.
Both the steel cable (going through 4-way roller fairlead) and synthetic rope (going through an Alloy hawse fairlead) are 85’ in length. As per as the strength is concerned, I found both of them are good.
Steel cable vs synthetic rope. Which one is better? This is a moot point.
I prefer synthetic rope. But this is just my personal preference. You’ve all the right to disagree with me.
The synthetic rope provides the same performance but keeps the weight of the whole unit lower than the steel cable version.
On top of that, you won’t have to worry about injuries if the rope brakes on load. It won’t snap back like the steel cable version.
The only drawback I feel while using synthetic rope is the maintenance overhead.
If you are on a budget but looking for a reliable winch of 13000 lb capacity, then you can consider this winch. You won’t regret I believe.
2. Offroad Boar 12000 lb Winch Review
- Easy to install and operate.
- Not too heavy.
- IP67 (waterproof) rated winch.
- Automatic brake and 3-stage planetary gear make it easy to control the winching.
- Easy to use free spooling clutch.
- Both the synthetic rope and steel cable version available for this winch.
- Comes with both cabled and wireless remote control. Both work flawlessly.
- The contactor is sealed. So it is safe from outside elements like water or mud.
- Wires, nuts, and bolts come with the package.
- The colored terminals on the motor will help you if you are new to installing a winch.
- Inexpensive than other similar winches from different brands.
- The battery cable is a bit short.
- Not the greatest user manual. But the overall installing process is easy. So, you won’t have to be too worried about this.
Offroad Boar 12000 lbs winch is capable of towing your truck/SUV or any load that is weighing around 12000 lb.
But to get the best result, I would recommend you to use it to recover if your vehicle is weighing up to 8000 lb.
The synthetic rope version comes with an 85’ high-quality synthetic rope going through a hawse fairlead. On the other hand, the steel cable version comes with an 85’ heavy-duty steel cable going through a 4-way roller fairlead.
I haven’t found anyone complaining about any of the versions.
I had a query and asked it through Amazon. The company replied to it immediately. So I believe, you will also get good customer support from them.
Overall, this is a good budget winch for your truck/SUV that will give you good performance and quality. So, if you feel like spending extra money for brands like Warn is useless, go ahead and buy this one. You won’t regret I believe.
3. Offroad Boar 3500 lb Winch Review
- Easy to install.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Comes with handlebar switch and wireless remote control that work flawlessly.
- Both the synthetic rope and steel cable versions are available for this winch.
- Comes with necessary nuts and bolts.
- 3-stage planetary gear and dynamic brake help to control the towing process perfectly.
- Efficient free spooling clutch.
- Affordable price.
- A dash mount switch would have been a great addition to the package.
- Cable to the battery could have a bit longer.
- Not submersible.
- Not too clear instruction manual.
A well made winch from Offroad Boar, particularly for UTV/ATV. However, don’t bother using it with a snowplow.
This winch is well capable of towing around 3500 lb gross weight. But to get the optimum performance keep the weight of the load up to 2333 lbs.
Offroad boar 3500 lb winch withstands against rain and snow. But remember, this is not submersible as I said in the cons section. The contactor is not sealed either.
Having said all the good and bad, when it is a winch for UTV/ATV, I don’t prefer Offroad Boar winches.
Ok, Let’s recap.
Here I’ve reviewed three Offroad Boar winches (13000 lbs, 12000 lb, and 3500 lbs) mentioning their different benefits, features, and downsides.
In a nutshell, these offroad bore winches maintain good quality while charging comparatively less in most of the cases.
I’m not saying these are the best of the best winches out there. But you will not regret buying any of these products.
The company provides good customer support which I believe is so crucial.
Now it’s up to you.
Let us know if you have any more queries regarding these winches or anything related to this Offroad Boar winch review article.