TaoTao is one of the finest brands in making utility style ATVs. With that said, it released several models over the years for different users like adults, youth, or kids.
Not all ATVs are the same, and it’s essential to know the praiseworthy aspects and shortcomings of any vehicle before you spend money on them.
I don’t want to let you pour money down the drain.
That’s why I’ve prepared this Tao Tao ATV reviews to guide you where I’m going list down and review 6 best Tao Tao ATVs.
Of course, I will mention all the highs and lows of all the vehicles, their application, etc.
So, let’s get down to business. Shall we?
At a Glance
Top 6 Tao Tao ATV Review
1. TaoTao Rhino 250 Utility Style ATV Reviews
Tao Tao Rhino 250 is a utility style versatile ATV for any adult no matter how big the person is. Yes, it’s powerful and comfortable enough for different styles of riding like trail riding, hunting, hauling some stuff around, or hovering around just for pleasure, etc.
- Two storages are there on the front and back to accommodate enough gears and luggage.
- This ATV features a convenient footrest and foot guard for comfort and protection.
- It offers enough ground clearance (5.32 inches).
- A kill switch on the handlebar lets you stop the engine in the event of an emergency.
- A speed limiter is in place to set the maximum throttle.
- The newly designed brakes are easy to apply.
- The integrated air cooling system works against overheating.
- Assembling this ATV doesn’t take too much time. You have a lot of YouTube videos to assist as well (a DVD comes with the kit also).
- The headlights are good enough for my likings.
- It features several protective devices to increase the longevity of the unit.
- It’s cost-effective.
- The company stands behind its customers quite well.
- It doesn’t have any onboard trailer hitch.
- You might want to replace the carburetor to get better performance.
Other Key Benefits
This Tao Tao 250 ATV is a suitable utility-style machine for adults and youth more than 16 years of age. It’s comprised of every necessary feature to give a comfortable and pleasant riding experience.
It’s a breeze to start the machine using either the electric start mechanism. You will get an accessible button to switch between high beam and low beam LED headlight.
It has a 2 gallons gas tank, and regular gas will work to run this ATV, meaning you don’t have to mix anything with the gas.
This ATV goes about 50-55 mph and can hold up to a total of 300-400 lbs. You have multiple colors and design options for this unit (black, blue, tree camo).
Altogether, this one is a handy 4-stroke manual transmission engine (200cc) that performs good enough on rough surfaces.
2. TaoTao ATA 125D ATV Review
This model is made mainly focusing on teenagers and kids.
However, if you are not more than 200 lbs (the company recommended limit is 132 lbs, though), then I don’t see any trouble in driving this ATV.
With that said, it’s not an ideal machine for adults if you are planning to haul some stuff around like logs. It’s best for only going from point A to point B kinda riding.
- The automatic transmission helps the teenagers in focusing more on handling the ATV instead of shifting gears.
- A kill switch and a speed limiter is in place to increase your kids’ safety.
- The unit comes 80-85% assembled. So, you won’t have to spend too many hours getting things together.
- This machine has two luggage racks on the back and front too.
- It features a straightforward electric start.
- The air cooling system averts overheating.
- It implements multiple kid safety features.
- You will get a push start remote key with the package. So, starting and stopping the motor from a distance is easy-peasy.
- It offers a perfect price for kids friendly ATV.
- It’s not an ideal ATV for carrying massive logs or a lot of bags and stuff like that. Not even plowing because it’s focused on kids and youth driving.
- It doesn’t have too much ground clearance. However, it doesn’t create any issues for teenagers.
Other Key Benefits
This ATV doesn’t offer that many bells and whistles as the other utility type machines. Nonetheless, it’s a perfect option for kids and also an okey-dokey primary vehicle for adults.
Tao Tao ATA 125D features a 110cc, automatic transmission engine with reverse and forward gears(forward, reverse, neutral ), 1.1 gallons fuel capacity, and it goes around 20-30 mph.
As this unit comes almost 80-85% assembled, so, you just need to assemble the tires, handlebar, battery, control cables, metal rack, etc.
This model implements a newly designed foot brake that lets you use the reverse and rear brake effortlessly.
Considering the performance, I believe the price is worth spending for youth and kids’ focused ATV.
3. TaoTao TFORCE 110cc Youth Size ATV Review
TFORCE 110cc ATV is one of the best choices for gifting your loved ones because of its multiple color options, reasonable price, overall build, and quality. It’s for light-duty jobs like moving around for pleasure, having fun with kids, etc.
This ATV is a perfect suit for teenagers / Youth.
- You can choose from several colors.
- The built-in air cooling system prevents overheating.
- A remote alarm kill switch and speed limiter is there for providing required safety.
- Like other models above, this one also consists of two luggage racks on both front and back.
- This ATV gives remarkable ground clearance (6 inches).
- The seat is low and comfortable. You will get enough space for foot placement too.
- A very straightforward assembling effort is required, and it shouldn’t take more than 4-5 hours.
- It offers good value for the money.
- It’s not an ideal ATV for younger kids (less than eight years of age).
- This is not a suitable ATV for plowing, towing, hauling heavy logs.
Other Key Benefits
This is another good 110cc, 4-stroke automatic transmission engine with reverse ATV from Tao Tao having a fuel capacity of 1 gallon.
It goes about 20-25 mph, and using the speed limiter; you can control the speed as low as 5 mph.
This ATV can hold two persons (one adult and one kid) as the recommended maximum weight is 132 lbs. Nevertheless, it has some big wheels, and the body size is also big enough to carry along 200 lbs in total.
It’s a gas engine with an electric start machine, and regular gas is sufficient to run this vehicle.
4. TaoTao Bull 150cc Adult ATV Review
TaoTao Bull 150cc Adult ATV is one of the most excellent vehicles for beginners. Remember, this ATV is not for kids’ use. It’s for adults and teenagers beginners. Like other models I’ve reviewed so far, this one is also a utility style ATV.
For hauling some logs or other stuff around, or bow hunting type of jobs, this ATV is a perfect vehicle to use.
- The LED headlights ( low and high beam ) are remarkable.
- It’s substantially significant in size for adult riding.
- The tires are rugged enough to withstand any kind of terrain.
- Two solid cargo racks on both the front and rear allow carrying the luggage easily.
- Like other models from TaoTao, the assembly process doesn’t take too much time.
- This model features a comfortable seat and ample foot placement with a foot guard that protects from being touched with the wheels.
- The speed limiter is in-place too to govern the speed, and an emergency kill switch is for ensuring safety.
- It offers proper ground clearance too (5.32 inches).
- This ATV doesn’t have enough power to attach a tow hitch.
- The price could have been better.
Other Key Benefits
This very ATV from TaoTao is equipped with 150cc, 4-stroke, automatic transmission engine with reverse, neutral, and forward gear having a fuel tank capacity of 1 gallon.
The max speed of this vehicle is about 35-40 mph. You can limit the speed as low as 5 mph using the speed limiter.
Like the other models, this one also features an electric start. The recommended max loading limit by the company is 198 lbs. However, a bit more won’t hurt the vehicle, though.
5. TaoTao ATA 110B1 110cc Kids ATV Reviews
This is absolutely a kids ATV without any second thought. If you are an adult, then you have some other better options on this list.
So, if you want to give a surprise gift to your kids without hurting your pocket, this is one of the best bets for you.
- A large footrest to ensure your kids’ comfort.
- It’s easy to maneuver for the kids.
- A remote emergency kill system to keep parents worry-free.
- A speed limiter is in place to limit the max speed of the vehicle (as low as 5 mph).
- It comes 80% assembled. Therefore, you won’t have to spend a lot of time getting things up and running.
- The wide frame ensures even more stability and security for the kids.
- It features a comfortable seat.
- A luggage rack is there on the back of the vehicle.
- You have multiple colors (in total, seven colors) to choose from.
- The price is quite reasonable.
- Not enough ground clearance. However, as this ATV is mostly for kids, so, this shouldn’t be an issue.
- It doesn’t have a reverse gear.
Other Core Benefits
TaoTao ATA 110B1 is a kid-friendly ATV that is comprised of a 110cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke automatic engine having a fuel tank capacity of 1 gallon. The top speed of this model is about 20-25 mph.
An electric start system ensures the straightforward start of the vehicle. The company recommended load limit is 132 lbs.
This ATV also runs on straight gas.
6. TaoTao ATA125F1 ATV Reviews
This ATV is a full-size adult ATV having ample power to shoot up to hills without crawling.
Any teenagers will enjoy riding this ATV too. For kids, I don’t recommend this model as you have some more kids friendly models here on the list. The price is also on the higher side regarding buying a kids’ ATV.
- It has enough power to pull a trailer/lawnmower. (You need to attach a hitch to the unit, though).
- This machine provides proper ground clearance (5.32 inches).
- It offers a big footrest and foot guard to keep you from tire contact.
- The seat is comfortable too.
- This ATV features a quality headlight (both low and high beam) and a tail light.
- Like other models, this one also features a speed limiter mechanism and emergency kill switches for enhancing security during riding.
- This machine doesn’t require too much time for assembling also.
- It features both front and rear cargo racks.
- It offers a competitive price.
- The tires should have been more rugged at this price range.
- It’s not suitable for younger kids.
Other Core Benefits
TaoTao ATA125F1 ATV is comprised of a 110cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke, semi-automatic transmission engine with reverse (3-2-1-N-R) having 1.1 gallons fuel capacity.
This ATV goes about 30-35 mph. Using the speed limiter, you can govern the speed as low as 5 mph.
The max load limit that the company recommends is 132 lbs. However, as this is an adult ATV, 250-300 lbs won’t hurt it at all.
This vehicle runs on straight gas and has an electric start mechanism like other models from Tao motors.
Now, allow me to introduce the brand briefly.
About Tao Motors
Tao Motors is a Chinese owned company having active business in other parts of the world, including the USA. It has some expert dealers across the U.S.
The parent company, TaoTao vehicles, has been in the business since 1985, and from the beginning, it has been making some quality motorsports-related vehicles.
Currently, this brand is making quality ATVs, go-karts, dirt bikes, scooters, and some other electric vehicles.
Regarding the quality of Tao Tao ATVs, I must say, It doesn’t make the typical cheap Chinese vehicles as you might have been thinking. The price of its vehicles is affordable too. Altogether Tao Tao ATVs provide good value for the money.
You will get the parts from the company’s parts inventories across the United States too.
In this best Tao Tao ATV review, I’ve listed a total of 6 models released by them for different ages of users. I clearly mentioned the upsides and downsides of each of the models.
Yes, they’ve released some other models too, but these ATVs cover their best models for adults, teenagers, and kids.
To me, RHINO 250 is the best of the best on my list.
What’s your thought? Comment below to get in touch with your thinking.