Warn Ti (Thermometric Indicator) series winch is made for the heaviest and longest pulls.
Warn offers two versions of ti series at the moment. Ti-16.5 (steel cable) and Ti- 16.5-S (synthetic rope).
These are made to pull over large trucks and SUVs. Let’s get to know a bit more detail about Ti series winch.
1. Warn Ti-16.5 Winch ReviewThis is a super powerful winch no doubt. It can pull up to 16500 lbs, but as per the best practice, you better use it pull your truck or SUVs if it weighs up to 11000 lbs to get the best performance.
Here are some benefits and features of this winch.
- Extremely sealed and protected from outside elements.
- The control box is made out of aluminum. Warns claims this increases the protection of the electronics. I agree.
- Both steel cable (16.5) and synthetic rope (16.5-S) versions are available for this winch.
- The steel cable version comes with heavy-duty strong 90’ cable going through a roller fairlead. On the other hand, the synthetic rope version comes with 80’ rope going through a hawse fairlead.
- 3-stage planetary gear and automatic cone brake offer good control while towing.
- Ti winch comes with well functioning 12’ wired remote control with LED indicator.
- Easy to use rotating ring gear free spooling clutch.
- The thermometric indicator offers operator feedback via the remote control’s LED indicator, which certainly is a useful feature to me.
- It doesn’t get overheated.
The steel cable is a bit heavy to handle in some cases particularly when you will be under a difficult situation. To avoid this, I recommend you to go for synthetic rope. I always like the synthetic rope version due to its lightweight and easy to handle nature.
I prefer a wireless remote to wired remote with this kind of heavy-duty winch. That ensures the safety and increase the usability I think. But this winch doesn’t come with one. This is something I don’t like about this package.
Except for these two issues, this is a beast of a winch I should say.
2. Warn Cti-9.5 Winch ReviewWarn Cti-9.5 winch is capable of towing your truck/SUV if it weighs 9500 lbs or less. It will perform best if you keep the weight not more than 6333 lbs.
This version has also got both a steel cable and synthetic rope version.
Technically Warn Cti is almost similar to the previous version of Warn ti that I reviewed earlier.
Yes, these two versions have some differences of course.
Cti-9.5 comes with 125’ steel cable and for synthetic rope version, it comes with 100’ synthetic rope version.
Aesthetically Cti is more beautiful than ti series. Cti is lighter than the ti and has faster line speed as well.
You’ve got a multi mount version of Cti series as well to choose from.
Overall, both the Warn ti and Cti series are good to go for your truck/SUV.
I prefer their synthetic rope version and haven’t found any major downside.
3. Warn XP Winch Review
Under the XP series Warn is offering only Warn 9.5XP (steel cable) winch along with its synthetic rope version 9.5XP-S.
This particular winch is capable of towing your vehicle if it weighs around 9500 lbs, best if you can keep the weight equal or below 6333 lbs.
Here are some benefits and features of Warn 9.5XP and 9.5XP-S:
- Powerful motor.
- Fast line speed.
- 3-stage planetary gear, sliding ring gear, and automatic mechanical cone brake help to control the towing process perfectly.
- Both versions come with a high-quality 100’ line. The 9.5XP comes with 100’ steel cable going through a roller fairlead and the 9.5XP-S comes with 100’ synthetic rope going through a hawse fairlead.
- The 12’ wired remote control works flawlessly.
- Well sealed to keep things safe from elements. This is a water-resistant winch though, not waterproof.
- Remote mount control box.
I don’t like the overall outlook of this XP series. And, I expected a bit bigger sized remote control button.
The price could have been lower than it is now. However, this is my personal opinion, and you are not compelled to agree with me.
About the performance, I don’t have any issue though.
Apart from the outlook, button size of the remote and price, I don’t have any issue with this series.
4. Warn XD9000 Winch Review
Some Key Features of Warn XD 9000 winch:
- 12V 4.6 hp and 24V 2.5 hp Series Wound motor
- Wired remote, 12 ft lead
- 9000 lbs pulling capacity
- Fast line speed, 73.4 ft per minute
- 100 ft Steel cable
- Unique spur gear drive train
- Heat dissipation braking system
- Roller fairlead, free spooling clutch
Other Winch Series by Warn:
- VRX vs Axon Series
- Vantage vs ProVantage Series
- VR vs VR EVO Series
- PullzAll vs Drill Winch Series
- M15 vs M12 vs M8000 Series
- Utility Series
- Hydraulic Series
- Zeon vs Zeon Platinum Series