I understand how annoying it is for you to see your vehicle stuck in the mud.
It’s even more frustrating to see that your winch is malfunctioning during the recovery process. The winch on which you have spent a considerable amount of currency. And that experience is just horrible.
That’s why you have to buy the right winch without exceeding your budget. A winch that will not cripple you financially, but still gives you great value.
I bet, deciding on a high-quality winch that doesn’t cost a fortune is a strenuous task. There are a lot of pretenders out there. Winches that put on a display of quality and credibility but are actually a waste of money and other resources.
Don’t be troubled because I’m going to introduce you to a brand that will solve a lot of your problems for you. I am talking about Orcish. This is a brand that has only just begun, but is quickly proving its magnificent knack for providing cost effective winches.
In this Orcish winch reviews article, I’m going to review three affordable and top-quality winches manufactured by Orcish.
Without any further ado, let’s see how well these winches perform.
Also Read: How to pick the right truck winch
Top Orcish Winch Comparison
13,000 lbs Capacity
4500 lbs Capacity
3500 lbs Capacity
Top 3 Orcish Winch Reviews
Orcish 13000 lbs weight capacity winch is a perfect fit for heavy-duty jobs like getting your truck or jeep unstuck during your off-roading adventure.
This powerful winch is capable of recovering anything, including your truck or jeep, if the weight of the towing object is less than or equal to 13000 lbs.
Nonetheless, I recommend using a winch that has at least 1.5 times more weight capacity than the gross weight of the towing object.
In that case, it is best to keep the weight of your vehicle up to 8666 lbs to get the best result using this winch.
If you are meticulous about safety, an automatic load-holding brake system is implemented into the winch for you to ensure maximum safety. A 3-stage planetary gear system helps to control the winching smoothly too. It also has a power in and out for positive load control feature.
The remote controller, especially the wireless one, works great at a safe distance. So if anything goes terribly wrong, which is very unlikely, you are still safe from harm.
While this steel cable version is there to give you a complete experience, at the same time, Orcish released a synthetic cable version too.
It offers the same benefits as the steel cable one. However, a synthetic rope makes the whole unit lightweight. On top of that, you are safe from severe injuries in case the rope breaks under load.
As this is an IP67 rated winch, it is waterproof and can be dropped into the water up to a meter deep for at least half an hour. It won’t damage the winch.
However, that practice is not recommendable at all. You should not deliberately submerge your winch in water. That feature is there so you can be rest assured that the winch can be used in almost any environmental scenarios.
This model comes with an overload protector, a pair of gloves and a winch cover. A free spooling clutch, a clevis hook, a 500 amp solenoid contactor, a hawse fairlead and a user manual ensures a safe and efficient use of this winch.
This winch is backed by one year of warranty.
To me, Orcish 13000 lbs weight capacity winch is a top-shelf product at an affordable price compared to its counterparts.
If you are looking for a top-notch 13000 lbs capacity that is dirt cheap, go for this one. You will not be disappointed with this winch. It is impressively powerful and performs wonderfully. For its cheap price and awesome customer service, this winch is a great gift for yourself should you choose to purchase it.
See What Other Users Said About this Winch on Amazon
- It’s an IP67 rated winch.
- Good solid build. It’s rugged and made to withstand a heavy load.
- Easy to assemble, install, and operate.
- A heavy-duty stainless steel cable that goes through a 4-way roller fairlead having 85’ length seems perfect for rough use.
- The sealed control box is relocatable and free from outside material.
- An overload protector is installed in this unit to break off the power supply if an overload or short circuit happens.
- You are getting two wireless remote controls with this kit.
- You will get a big wired (12’) remote control, too, that has a substantially big button. You can comfortably grip the remote and press the button wearing gloves.
- Some handy gear like a pair of gloves come with the package. It includes the required leads, washers, nuts, and bolts too.
- The exceedingly easy to hold and turn free spooling clutch lever lets you control the winching even wearing gloves quite smoothly.
- The only critique I have for this winch is the battery that comes with the wireless remote control doesn’t last long. So, better keep an extra set of batteries with you.
Orcish 4500 lbs weight capacity winch delivers quite handsomely to tow anything within the weight range, particularly, UTV/ATVs. However, it can also be used for boats, cars, trucks or jeeps that fall within the load capacity range.
As the weight capacity is 4500 lbs, therefore, it’s better if you use this winch for towing 3000 lbs of weight.
Kudos to the mechanical dynamic brake that ensures maximum safety. The braking system is inductive that reduces the heat for enduring performance.
Yes, it’s a 3-stage planetary gear system, too, for providing better control.
This one is the synthetic version winch. I prefer the synthetic version to the steel cable version. That doesn’t mean you have to restrain yourself from buying the steel cable one. You will get off the shelf steel cable version from this link.
The steel cable version excels equally in terms of quality. It is offering the same length (45’) of cable that goes through a high-quality roller fairlead.
The cable performs well. You won’t see any tangling during the operation. Nevertheless, it makes the whole unit heavier than the synthetic rope version.
This winch comes with 2 wireless remote controllers. While this may not seem particularly convenient at first because you only need one for an operation. But just in case you lose one, at least you have another.
It is equipped with a reliably sealed, 1.4 HP permanent magnet motor that has a low amperage. And its planetary gears and hardware are made of stainless steel.
It is backed by a lifetime of technical support and a year of warranty.
So far, I’ve reviewed several other UTV/ATV winches from various brands.
Trust me; this winch made me a big fan of this brand.
It works superbly for its price range. The charming outlook, overall build, rope, and fairlead quality, its effectiveness under the tough situation, all these are just fabulous.
It’s worth every penny.
- It’s remarkably compact, hence an ideal winch for fitting into your UTV/ATVs
- Orcish 4500 lbs winch is a lightweight winch that lets you carry the unit without any trouble whatsoever.
- It’s also IP67 rated winch like the previous model.
- An efficient motor is installed in the unit that doesn’t overeat the battery power.
- You can expect a hassle-free installation and operation.
- You will get two well functioning wireless remote controls included with the package.
- A handlebar-mounted cord remote switch with ample length of lead comes with the kit.
- A built-in breaker is there to protect the unit from overload and short circuit.
- A high-quality 49’ synthetic rope is well capable of pulling the load efficiently.
- The winch runs quietly.
- The package arrives with a pair of gloves along with the essential parts for installation.
- It offers an unbeatable price.
- Had it included a dashboard rocker switch with the kit, it would have been a great attachment.
Orcish 3500 lbs winch is a useful tool for getting your UTV/ATVs unstuck from the mud.
It’s a handy winch for pulling over anything that weighs up to 3500 lbs. However, as per the rule of thumb, you should not let the weight of the towing object exceed 2333 lbs.
Like other standard winches, this one is also consisted of the 3-stage planetary gear system, and dynamic brake to provide strength and safety during the operation. It also comes with two wireless remote controllers.
You have the steel cable version available too at an affordable price. In fact, it costs less than this synthetic rope model.
This model is specially designed for ATVs. It is resistant to corrosion. And it has a 12 volt DC permanent magnet motor that is sealed and that produces low amperage. It also has a dynamic mechanical braking action.
In the package you will get a clevis hook, a control box, a set of bolts, a hawse fairlead, a user manual, a pair of gloves, a control box and a safety rope.
This model is also backed by a year of warranty.
As a whole, this 3500 lbs weight capacity is also a good option for your UTV/ATVs. For this, you will get what you pay for, and dare I say maybe even more. It is of good quality and works exceptionally well.
However, I prefer the 4500 lbs one because it doesn’t hurt to be on the higher side. Furthermore, the price difference between 4500 lbs and 3500 lbs is minor.
See What Other Users Said About this Winch on Amazon
- It’s a smallish winch that lets you fit it into your UTV/ATV quite easily.
- It’s lightweight, and you can carry the winch anywhere you want.
- As it comes with two wireless remote controls too, so you don’t have to worry about winching from a safe distance.
- You will have the liberty to use a handlebar rocker switch as well, as it is also included in this package.
- A feature that jumps into me is its easy pull and turn free spooling clutch. It makes controlling the towing process so easy.
- This one is a synthetic rope version, and it’s 30’ in length.
- It runs quiet and doesn’t overeat battery power.
- A pair of gloves with other necessary leads, washers, nuts, and bolts come as an attachment.
- It’s dirt cheap.
- I miss a dashboard rocker switch with the kit.
Verdict On Orcish Winch Review
In this Orcish winch reviews article, I made every effort possible to find out the good and bad of all those models.
The bottom line is, these are some reliable winches that you can afford without costing your fortune, and they don’t have any significant drawbacks.
With Orcish winches, you are sure to get a winch that is amazingly priced, yet works with a big bang. These winches are well engineered, very durable, highly functional and undeniably powerful
It’s up to you now.