So many people ask me often if they should buy X-Bull winch. You’re not alone who is looking for X-Bull winch review.
With the advancement of technology, manufacturers are coming up with new innovations every day. X-Bull is becoming a popular name in the winch industry. The winch features they offer for a fairly low price compared to other brands may have made you question their winch quality.
So, I’ve done my research and testing. I’m gonna tell you my findings on their winch quality, if you should buy it or not in this review. Hang tight!
Let’s see top 5 X bull winches short comparison first.
X-BULL 12v 13,000 (New Version)
|Check Price on Amazon|
|X-BULL 12v 13,000 (Old Version)||Check Price on Amazon|
|X-Bull 12v 12,000 Steel Cable||Check Price on Amazon|
|X-BULL 12v 4500||Check Price on Amazon|
|X-Bull 12v 3000||Check Price on Amazon|
Pro Tip: Always pick a winch having at least 1.5 times more load capacity than your vehicle weight. If your vehicle weight is 6,000 lbs then your winch must have minimum 9,000 lbs load capacity. It will help prevent winch overload failure accidents.
At a Glance
Top 3 X-Bull Winches
1. X-Bull Waterproof Synthetic Rope 13000 lb Winch Review
- 13000 lb. Load Capacity.
- Waterproof IP67 rating.
- Overload Protector.
- 26 Meters Dyneema Synthetic cable.
This heavy duty 12v 12000 lbs winch comes with Dyneema synthetic rope that has a breaking strength of 23,809 lbs. Pretty strong, right? On top of that, the rope is extremely light and it floats in water. You can even work with this rope at – 20-degree centigrade.
Many people complaints that overload and short circuit ruins their winches. Thanks to X-Bull, they have featured an overload protection device to save you from such unwanted incidents. This device will protect your winch in case of any short circuit or overload by breaking off the power supply. Rest assured about that.
Ease of use is yet another concern of the winch users. The clutch lever of this winch is very easy to use. You won’t be struggling to turn the lever as it will perfectly fit in your hand. And you can operate it with a remote control as well.
Last but not least, this winch comes with a soft cover to protect the winch from dust. The cover is waterproof and it’ll fit almost any winch with a capacity range of 9500 to 17500 lbs.
- The winch has a massive load capacity of 13000 lbs.
- Strong winch rope.
- The rope is extremely light and floats in water.
- The clutch lever is very easy to handle.
- It comes with an overload protection device.
- As it is cheap, it doesn’t come with all the bolts required for installation. You’ll have to buy them separately. You should get them in your local hardware store easily.
2. X-BULL 12V Synthetic Rope 13000 lb Electric Winch Review
(Older version of previous one)
- 13000 lb. Load Capacity.
- Waterproof and corrosion-resistant.
- 26 Meters heavy duty winch cable.
The load capacity and cable quality are the same in both these winches. Besides, both of them can be operated by remote control, meaning you’ll be having no trouble in operating them. Besides, the winches feature 3-stage planetary gear system, providing you with a smooth experience.
This heavy duty winch features automatic load-holding brake, ensuring your safety to the highest degree. Additionally, you’ll get the power in and out feature for positive load control.
Many people allege that their winches don’t work as fast as they expect. No worries with this winch, it’ll come with a free spooling clutch to ensure work at a fast speed.
Alongside the mentioned above features, you’ll also get a heavy-duty sealed contactor and an alloy hawse fairlead. Meaning, the durability of the winch is ensured. If this product has all the features you need, just buy it, install it and forget it!
Let’s see the Xbull 13,000 winch in action below:
- You’ll be enjoying 13000 lbs of load capacity.
- It features a 3-stage planetary gear system.
- Durable winch rope.
- It can be operated by wireless remote.
- You’ll get a free spooling clutch.
- Frankly speaking, you’ll get only few sporadic negative reviews about this winch. Many said, “you’ll get what you paid for.” I would say it’s a good bargain for an affordable winch.
3. X-BULL 12V Steel Cable 12000 lb Winch Review
This heavy duty winch features a three-stage planetary gear system with a gear ratio of 265:1. Meaning, greater torque will ensure fast work smoothly. Additionally, it can be operated by a wireless remote, and it comes with two bonus wireless remotes and one hand controller.
The motor is powerful and has power in and out feature to ensure positive load control. On the other hand, the brake featured in this winch has an automatic load-holding feature. Meaning, safety is ensured to the highest level.
This winch features stainless-steel winch cable. So, no worries about the durability of the cable. Besides, you’ll get a free spooling clutch to ensure a fast working speed.
The manufacturer has two recommendations for you if you wanna buy it. First of all, it’s better to call in a professional to install the winch. And if it’s not possible, they recommend you to read the instruction manual carefully while installing it by yourself.
- The winch has a load capacity of 12000 lbs.
- It features a stainless-steel winch cable.
- The motor has power in and power out feature.
- 265:1 gear ratio ensures greater torque.
- Automatic load-holding brake ensures safety.
- Although a few of the users posted some complaints, they don’t have anything in common. I would say, if you’re not unlucky like them, you’ll get more than you pay for.
4. X-Bull 12V Synthetic Rope 4500 lbs Winch Review
X-Bull, 4500 lbs winch, has a 3-stage planetary gear system implemented in the unit for the smooth winching experience. A free spooling clutch lets you control the towing easily by ensures fast rope payout.
It is an IP67 rated winch, meaning it’s waterproof.
It is straightforward to control the winching operation because you are getting a new generation wireless remote control with this package. A handlebar rocker switch also comes with the winch.
The synthetic rope is durable and has adequate strength to take the intended load. It’s lightweight and can float in the water. The line goes through an aluminum hawse fairlead.
You can buy the steel cable version of this model from here.
A dashboard rocker switch always comes in handy for a UTV/ATV. Unfortunately, this winch doesn’t come with one. However, you can buy it separately and use it to control this winch.
You can afford the winch quite easily because it offers a relatively lower price than its competitors.
- The winch has the weight capacity of 4500 lbs.
- It features a high-quality 50′ synthetic rope.
- Weather sealed permanent magnet motor of 1.7 HP is installed in the unit.
- 136:1 gear ratio is quite ok to ensure enough torque for an ATV winch.
- An automatic load-holding brake escalates your safety.
- This motor features power-in and power-out for positive load holding.
- The user manual is meh.
5. X-Bull 12V Steel Cable 3000 lbs Winch Review
It also features a 3-stage planetary gear for smooth towing operation. A free ergonomic cam action spooling clutch makes sure fast rope payout, hence better control on the process.
The winch body is made from high-quality steel, which is corrosion-free.
The steel cable excels in quality that doesn’t get tangled during winching. You can opt-in for the synthetic rope version. Here is the link.
It also features the same new-generation remote control and a handlebar rocker switch. Altogether, controlling the recovery process from a safe and comfortable distance is not hard using this unit.
Regarding price, this one is dirt cheap. As a whole, this winch is a perfect winch for someone who is looking for a budget winch at the same time good quality.
- This winch has a load capacity of 3000 lbs.
- It attributes a high strength stainless steel cable (49’ long).
- This winch features a powerful permanent magnet motor that has the power-in and power-out attribute for positive load holding.
- An automatic load-holding brake increases safety.
- It’s a compact and lightweight winch.
- This winch is a bit noisy.
- X-Bull needs to concentrate on improving its user manual.
I’m almost done with this review. So, what do you think? Do you think their pricing vs quality is competitive?
Comparatively, X-Bull offers higher capacity winch at a lower price than other brands but still they maintain their product quality. If I needed a winch but didn’t have the money to spend on a pricey winch, I would surely keep X Bull on top of my list. X Bull won’t fail you, that’s for sure.
If you decide to buy one then prioritize your necessities first. Figure out what capacity & features you actually need and then cross-match them with above winches and then pick one.
For a Jeep/Truck, go for X-Bull 12V 13k lbs Waterproof Winch(the first one mentioned above). The price is great, has some extra features than the older version, can pull jeep easily. Apart from that, it’s always better to buy high capacity latest model, right?
About the Brand X-Bull
X-Bull is an Australia based company focusing on manufacturing different 4×4 kits, including winch. They do have two warehouses in the USA.
So far, X-Bull has released four models of different weight capacities (13000 lbs, 12000 lbs, 4500 lbs, 3000 lbs).
One of the cool features that sets this brand apart from the crowd is its pricing. All of their winches are inexpensive than it’s competitors.
If you don’t use a winch too often or planning to buy a budget winch without compromising the quality too much, then X-Bull is the brand for you.
They have a dedicated Facebook page, twitter account, and a contact form on their website. So, getting in touch with them is apparently an easy process.
Question: Who makes X-Bull winch?
Answer: X Bull winches are made by an Australian company.
Question: Where are X-Bull winches made?
Answer: These winches are manufactured in Australia.
Question: Are X-Bull winches waterproof?
Answer: Most of the X Bull winches are waterproof.
Question: Are X-Bull winches good? Worth The Money?
Answer: X Bull winches are very high quality and come with an affordable price range. If your budget is low and wants a high-quality winch, then this is a decent option for you.